Cartoon Network USA has censored two episodes of The Amazing World of Gumball and the opening theme. If one of these episodes ever show the uncensored scenes on Cartoon Network USA, they will be rated TV-PG. The series' original TV rating is TV-Y7-FV.
- In the United States airings of The Amazing World of Gumball, the theme song is shortened to a length of five seconds. A possible reason for this is the American version of Cartoon Network wanted to run more advertisements during the commercial breaks. The main reason is that test audiences didn't like the UK intro.
- The only one time the US viewers saw the UK opening is the series premiere episode, The DVD. The US also saw the UK opening on Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 during a normal airing of the episode The Quest. The US then saw the full opening again in a re-run of The Quest on January 12th, 2012, and once again in a re-run of the same episode on June 6, 2012, and again on July 11th, 2012 and again on September 24th, 2012. Overall the only episodes with the full UK intro are The DVD, The Quest, The Return and the first airing of The Faith.
- The title was removed from TV airings for unknown reasons.
- The guys rushing on their breakfast and Nicole rushing on her coffee is cut.
Note: This scene may be shown on reruns.
- The entire shock therapy scene is cut to keep impressionable viewers from copying Gumball, Darwin, and Clayton.
- Interestingly no other countries followed the edit the US made all except for Asia Pacific.
Note: This has been rumored by Ben Bocquelet and Mic Graves about showing this scene on a future DVD release and on CN USA soon.
- Gumball says "coward" instead of "bimbo" when berating Carmen.
- The scene with Carmen flipping through pictures of Alan kissing people has a brief scene with him kissing Leslie cut. Despite this, it is still viewable in a few frames.
- A scene where the Doughnut Sheriff tasers Marvin is cut from television airings. Despite this, it can be viewed on ITunes and Amazon Video.